Whether you wish to improve your health, take up a sport or a new hobby, re-vamp your home or immerse yourself in cultural activities, South Dublin County Libraries have the resources to get you started.
- Library Catalogue - search our live catalogue for up-to-date information about what titles are available, what's currently on loan and where items are in stock.
- Digital Download - search our Download Zone for eBooks, Audio Books, music and film.
- Library Events - find out what’s happening in your local library – all events are free of charge!
Useful External Links
- www.hse.ie - The Health Service Executive (HSE) is responsible for providing Health and Personal Social Services for everyone living in the Republic of Ireland.
- www.vhi.ie – Useful information regarding health issues
- www.irishhealth.com - Ireland's independent health website, designed to offer users a comprehensive yet easy to use online source of medical and healthcare information and up-to-the-minute health news
- www.hospice-foundation.ie - The Irish Hospice Foundation is a not-for-profit organisation that promotes the hospice philosophy and supports the development of hospice/palliative care
- www.irishheart.ie - Heart Health Charity that provides information and support on all aspects of Heart & Stroke in Ireland
- www.immunisation.ie – the HSE immunisation website which provides information on immunisation for the General Public and Healthcare Professionals.
- www.safefood.eu - safefood is a North-South body, responsible for the promotion of food safety on the island of Ireland.
- www.indi.ie – Irish Nutrition and Dietetic Institute.
Mental & Emotional Well-Being:
- South Dublin Healthy Reading Scheme (Family Reading List (61KB - PDF) ; Adult Reading List (63KB - PDF)) ; Children's Issues Reading List
- www.mentalhealthireland.ie - Mental Health Ireland is a national voluntary organisation which aims to promote positive mental health and to actively support persons with a mental illness, their families and carers by identifying their needs and advocating their rights.
- www.ReachOut.com - a web-based service to inspire young people to get through tough times and find ways to improve their mental health and well-being
- www.yourmentalhealth.ie - This website has been developed as part of the ‘Your Mental Health’ awareness campaign, which aims to improve awareness and understanding of mental health and well-being in Ireland. The campaign and this website are coordinated by the National Office for Suicide Prevention.
- www.aware.ie – The organization Aware helps in tackling depression, contact them through their website or phone the Helpline 1890 303302.
- www.samaritans.org – Contact the Samaritans through their website or phone the Helpline 1850 609090
Sport / Recreation Opportunities
- http://sports.southdublin.ie – for an overview of local sports opportunities
- www.sdcsp.ie – South Dublin County Sports Partnership – information about clubs for all ages in South Dublin County and lots more…
Hobbies & Interests
- www.indexireland.com/hobbies_and_interests/ - useful Irish websites
- www.startpage.ie/Ireland/Hobby/ - useful Irish websites
- www.gumtree.ie - Find out about hobbies, activities and leisure time groups in Dublin
- www.garden.ie – articles, advice and tips
- www.sustainable.ie – grow your own fruit and vegetables
- www.cbai.ie – Contract Bridge Association of Ireland
- www.mountaineering.ie – web resource for hill walkers
- www.nightcourses.com – comprehensive guide to evening classes
- www.martialarts.ie – classes, competitions and information
- www.recipesireland.com - a source of recipes both old and new
- www.helpful.com - wide range of articles hobbies and interests
- www.ruared.ie – South Dublin Arts Centre, next to the Luas Terminal in Tallaght. RUA RED is a dynamic home for the creation and enjoyment of the arts. Creative spaces around the centre are available to hire by groups and individuals for creative use. Along with partner organisations and tenants, the centre hosts a programme of events aimed at all members of the community, locally, nationally and internationally
- www.civictheatre.ie - Civic Theatre Tallaght
- www.sdcsp.ie – South Dublin County’s Sports Partnership website contains information about senior citizens clubs in the County